The Help area has been established to provide important information about working with ARO.
Log on Account Information:
- An account to log on requires completion of specific training modules. The Internet-based Studies in Education and Research (ISER) application's modules, Research Integrity and Use of Laboratory Animals in Research and Education, must be completed by investigators and their study team. Without the required training, investigators/study staff are unable to be associated with the electronic protocol that will be sent to the IACUC for review.
- Log on accounts and authentication of user accounts are controlled by HSConnect which uses your email address as your username. If you need to update your account information, you MUST do so through HSConnect.
- If you have forgotten your password, please click here to reset your password.
- If you do not know your username, or are having difficulties retrieving your password, please submit a support request with HSConnect or call 412 648-2222.
- In addition to ARO, HSConnect is used as the user account management tool for other applications including: ISER, and the Conflict of Interest Super Form.
- The ARO website uses the strongest encryption possible to protect user account and protocol information while in transmission over the internet.
Supported Web Browsers:
- All modern, major browsers will work with ARO
- ARO is an enterprise application at the University of Pittsburgh and is subject to weekly downtime for maintenance between 11 pm Saturday through 7 am Sunday. It is possible that ARO will be unavailable during this time. During these rare occassions, a warning will be posted on the home page alerting users to the expected resumption of service.
Useful External Tools:
(Unless otherwise noted, these tools are NOT supported by the University of Pittsburgh and the University is NOT responsible for any issues encountered while using these tools)
- ieSpell is a free spell checking application designed specifically for Internet Explorer. You may find this tool useful while working with this system.
- If you cannot log on to ARO or have any other issue, please contact the IACUC by phone at 412 383-2008 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.